Foresight?

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy
James Madison (American 4th US President (1809-17), and one of the founding fathers of his country. 1751-1836)

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What is Neocon Rule? Anyone? Help!

I need some help and I am sure I will go crazy if I can't find the meaning of Neocon Rule. I know part of my problem is that I am thick headed and slow, but for the life of me all that I have found regarding Neoconian, Neocon, and Neocon Rule have left me still not really knowing what it means. My "best guess" at this point is that it is a group that will mislead a group of people to gain control and keep that control. It will subvert any standards or policies to achieve it's goals. Now as I have said...this is what I took from several sources that I "Google(d)", as there are no real set definitions that I could find...yes, I even tried to look it up on the Merriam-Webster site. Hell, it might just be more than I can comprehend, so if you know the definition...dumb it down for me so I can write about it :P

My search for the meaning of this word came from some comments about an article I was reading about Gerald Ford, R.I.P., and an interview he had given for a future book deal. This interview was only to be used/published for this future project or after his death. Well...unfortunately the latter came first and...Bob Woodward at WashingtonPost.com wrote a great article, "Ford Disagreed With Bush About Invading Iraq", about these 2004 - 2005 interviews for this future project. In reading the article I was amazed to read about the views that Gerald Ford had regarding the war in Iraq and Bush's Administration...along with some of the decisions made. It was a great article that I hope you all will read! I love what Gerald Ford had to say about freedom:
"Well, I can understand the theory of wanting to free people," Ford said, referring to Bush's assertion that the United States has a "duty to free people." But the former president said he was skeptical "whether you can detach that from the obligation number one, of what's in our national interest." He added: "And I just don't think we should go hellfire damnation around the globe freeing people, unless it is directly related to our own national security."
I couldn't agree more with this...unfortunately I wish President Ford's thoughts were more public rather than held back til after his death.

Anyhow...in the comments on this article..."Neocon Rule" was mentioned and my search began...I will post some of the sites I found referring to "Neocon Rule" and you all can add your thoughts or definitions. Enjoy for now!

-->A Look Back and Ahead In An Age of Neocon Rule by Stephen Lendman at OpEdNews.com
-->The Neocon Imperial Militarists are NOT PEOPLE (And Bush's Final Question) by Wah at kuro5hin.org
-->My Google Search
-->The Shame of the Nation: A Collective Perversion by Stephen Lendman at ThePeoplesVoice.org

Here is another link...nothing to do with "Neocon Rule", but more to do with a view of Bush's term thus far by former CIA Analyst Ray McGovern at John Marshall Law School, Chicago. Click "HERE" to view!!

No comments: