Foresight?

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy
James Madison (American 4th US President (1809-17), and one of the founding fathers of his country. 1751-1836)

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Where is the aluminum foil?

Time to make some aluminum foil hats or some other means of blocking the "Pre-Cog" brain scans. This story kinda...well...it totally scares the shit out of me...as a person who thinks internally of the "what if" in all situations that I read about and so on. I am sure I would go to jail for these mental journey's I take. I would never do anything illegal in real life, but the "Pre-Cog" doesn't know what is a real thought or just an active imagination. It would really suck to be locked up in a prison like that of the "Minority Report" for something you thought of, but how far off are we from such a technical means of reading thoughts. Well by this article at The Age entitled "We knew you would read this story", the title pulled me in, kinda makes you wonder just how close this is. By all means go and read this article...give yourself a little freak out.

No comments: