Foresight?

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy
James Madison (American 4th US President (1809-17), and one of the founding fathers of his country. 1751-1836)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Pretty cool battery...

Ok...here is probably the coolest idea in batteries that I have seen or used. Why I haven't seen this before in my extensive surfing I don't know...but I was recently given two sets of these bad boys, they come in packs of two, and they work great. Now enough of my rants...the batteries I am talking about are the USBCELL batteries by Moixa Energy Ltd. They are batteries that you can charge via USB and well obviously use for any number of devices. The batteries are NiMH (Nickel Metal Hyrdride) and take about 4hrs to fully charge, but from personal experience you can get quite a bit of use of the battery from a quick 10-20 minute charge. In any event, it is a great idea for a rechargeable power source and very convenient to have on hand with your laptop and at home. I use two of these dudes for a wireless mouse at home and keep another set in my laptop bag for another wireless mouse. I would recommend these to anyone and do anticipate getting a few more for other devices. As it turns out you can get the standard AA size and an adapter for C/D sizes. I believe they will have a battery out for phones as well in the future. They are worth a look, so jump to the site and poke around.

Product Site: USBCELL by Moixa Energy Ltd.



No comments: