Foresight?

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy
James Madison (American 4th US President (1809-17), and one of the founding fathers of his country. 1751-1836)

Friday, February 16, 2007

Corsair and great customer service...

I had to take a moment to recognize some great service that I got from Corsair and let everyone know that if you want a great product that is backed by an equally great warranty then get some Corsair memory.

Here is the story...last year I bought 2 gigs of Corsair XMS512-3200XL RAM (4x512mb) to replace some shitty RAM in a used PC I had bought off of Ebay. At the time this RAM did wonders for the PC and over clocked like the shizzy. In any event...here we are nearly a year later and my PC was acting pretty weird...crashing to the BSOD and other memory dumps when loading games or other software. I figured the memory was the problem, but finding out which stick was going to be a pain the ass...as most memory tests take forever to run. So, with that...I went and snagged memtest and started the process...with all four stick in the PC. As it turns out...all of them were giving errors, which I found kind of shocking...so being a freak...I took them out and tested each one at a time...same results. Put them in another machine...tested each one...same results. I was kind of pissed at the time, because I didn't want to fork out the dough to get new memory...as I knew I was out of any warranty period at the retailer and figured the same of the manufacturer. NOT...after going to Corsair's site...I found that they guarantee their memory with a lifetime warranty. So, I went to their forum...laid out what the problem was and got an RMA number...I boxed that stuff up and sent it off to Corsair. In about three days I get an email from Corsair Customer Support telling me that in fact my memory was bad and that it would be replaced...but there was a problem...this model was not in stock or manufactured any longer. Was this a problem for Corsair? Nope...they gave me the option of replacing them with the current equivalent, upgrading, or issue a refund based on your original invoice...being that I bought these last year I opted for the replacement.

I have to admit this was the best customer service I have ever experienced with a company...and in I.T. that is saying ALOT! I will update this post again once I receive my RAM and let you all know how this all ended.

Thanks Corsair!

No comments: