Foresight?

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy
James Madison (American 4th US President (1809-17), and one of the founding fathers of his country. 1751-1836)

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Taking one for the team...



There is a story over at Product Reviews that tells of a soldier who always kept his trusty and hardcore Panasonic Toughbook with him at all times while serving his country abroad. Well...in doing so he saved his own life as this Toughbook took the bullet for him. It looks like the screen was wasted and maybe even the keyboard...I wonder how far the bullet went and if it still worked. I only wondered if it worked after I read the dude didn't die...otherwise that would have been pretty heartless, thus I would have wondered in silence.

I have to mention on a side note that I have wanted one of these bad boys for awhile...but they are just too expensive. I have seen some field techs for various telecom companies use these and in playing with theirs...they do look and feel sturdy . The newer "pretty" Panasonic Toughbook laptops seem to be the shizzy...would love to get my hands on one to play with. If you're reading this Panasonic...HOOK ME UP with a review machine...I will send it back after rigorous testing to see if it can stand the test. Anyhow...good article and from my limited knowledge, online reviews and playing with older models, of the laptop it seems pretty tough as the name asserts, Panasonic Toughbook.

No comments: